8 to 10 Years
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- A company secretary is a vital link between the company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities and all other stakeholders. He/She ensures that Board procedures are followed and regularly reviewed and provides guidance to Chairman and the Directors on their responsibilities under various laws. The Position commands high position in the value chain and acts as a conscience keeper of the company.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and rules and regulations framed thereunder.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and rules and regulations framed thereunder.
- Ensure compliances with Textile Laws and state textile guidelines.
- Managing end-to-end process of quarterly Board meetings and annual Shareholder meetings (including setting up the annual schedule of meetings, agenda, co-ordinating with business and other functional teams for matters requiring Board approval, conduct of the meeting, drafting minutes and post meeting compliances).
- Ensuing timely compliances (periodic and event – based) with regulatory requirements including annual reports (as may be applicable), form filings, updation of Company records with respective regulatory authorities, maintenance of statutory registers, etc.
- Formulation of statutory and non-statutory policies.
- Ability to interpret the law of various jurisdictions.
- Facilitating audit (statutory and internal) and assisting with due diligence.
- Maintaining upto date various Registers, Returns and Books.
- Contract drafting, vetting and Legal risk management, advisory, documentation, dispute management strengthen the existing legal risk governance framework that integrates legal compliance with the business model.
- Draft Replies, notices, letters and any miscellaneous communication, preparations of case drafts.
- Any other legal or Companies Act requirements to be fulfilled.
- Maintain cordial relations with colleagues and manage peers.
- Interaction with cross departmental teams.
- Manage relationship and communication with Board Members.
Key Result Area:
- Secretarial compliance, Legal advisory, Contracts management, compliance management.
- Regulatory support, risk management.
Job specific Competencies:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with company laws, secretarial, contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction in stakeholders and strong coordination skills.
Qualified Company Secretary (ACS) or (ACS) plus LLB preferred
8 to 10 years (post qualification)
- Good Communication Skills
- Multiple stakeholder management Skills & attention to details
- Team Management & Development